November 17, 2008

What I love about .... CHRISTMAS

Christmas has always been my absolute favorite time of the year. However the last few years have been challenging … adjusting to new family traditions after the death of my mom (2006) then surviving the discouragement of celebrating Christmas in a house half packed as we prepared for the move to our new house (2007).

This year I can honestly say I am SUPER EXCITED for the holidays! I’ve been begging Dwight for a week now to let me get the Christmas decoration down! Well it hasn’t happened so instead of singing Christmas Carols and decorating the house I’m reminiscing about the top 10 things … I love about Chirstmas!

1. Celebrating Jesus Birthday … sharing the true meaning of Christmas with Justin and Makenna
2. Receiving cards/letters/pictures from friends and family… sadly for too many this is the only time of the year we communicate!
3. Savoring the sweet innocence’s of those who really do believe in Santa
4. The magic of Christmas morning and the surprises Santa brings
5. Driving at night and seeing Christmas lights!
6. Decorating the Christmas Tree … each ornament has a memory to go with it!
7. Shopping …looking for that perfect present … sharing gifts with others!
8. Baking Cookies … even more enjoyable now that the kids are eager to help!
9. Reading Christmas Books and Watching Christmas Movies with the kids… makes my childhood come alive!
10. Extended Family Gatherings


No comments: