November 10, 2008

Time Well Wasted ...

~ Pink Tractor Suckers I made for Makenna's Birthday Party ~

There is a lot I remember about my childhood but some memories stand out more than others … for our family Holidays were always very special … that’s because I had an amazing mother that went out of her way to make it that way. My mom always baked and decorated our birthday cakes and put a lot of thought into making our birthdays unique.

It makes me feel good that I have the time and the creativity to make my own children’s birthdays extra special. I love making special treats for the kid’s party bags. I spend a lot of time making their invitation, treat bags, party decorations and cake. I will confess I know very little about decorating cakes. My kids are lucky they have a very “artsy” Aunt Sheri who loves to decorate their party cakes. I bake them and Aunt Sheri does the fancy decorating.

I know that they are too young to fully understand it right now … I just hope when they grow older and look back they remember how special and unique to them each birthday was. Hopefully my kids will continue to love holidays as much as I do.


~ Makenna loved licking the beaters ~

~ Aunt Sheri decorating Makenna's Cake ~

~ Makenna's 2nd Birthday Cake ~

1 comment:

Habby said...

Bonnie! Love the fact you make a very special day for your kids, I feel the same way! I enjoyed reading all about your family! JoJo