November 15, 2009

Three ...

How is it possible that my baby is THREE!! 3 years ago our lives were changed forever. God blessed us with a spunky blond headed little darling that has kept us on our toes since the day she was born. On Monday November 9th (her actual Birthday) we celebrated Makenna turning 3 as a family.

~ Her new Radio Flyer Scooter from Mom and Dad ~

~ Sandwich Set from Justin ~

~ Baby Doll Clothes from Justin ~

Makenna absolutely LOVES Elmo!! Months ago when we were in the process of potty training Makenna I promised her an ELMO party if she would wear big girl panties ALL the time. Yesterday we celebrated Makenna’s 3rd birthday and finally had her ELMO Party. Makenna was so excited!! She truly understood this party was for her.


Friday night Aunt Sheri came over and decorated not ONE but TWO cakes for Makenna’s party!!

While Aunt Sheri was decorating the cakes Makenna, Justin and I set up the decorations and stuffed the “treat buckets”.

Makenna sitting at the party table on Friday night with her PJ’s on … I am certain Makenna would have sat at the table all night waiting for the party to start.



Makenna was so sweet when I put her to bed on Friday night … she crawled up into bed, tucked her stuffed Elmo under her arm and looked at him and said “Elmo you coming to my Elmo party?”

Yesterday was a wonderful day for Makenna. She had 7 friends + big brother Justin and lots of family here to share her special “Elmo Party”. I was a little worried for what would happen after the party was over. She has been so excited for this party I was scared she would have a melt down when she realized the party was over … ahhhhh presents ~ new things to keep her busy … has she even realized her next party is 12 months away???

Madalee and Makenna in the bean bag toss we made .... Sheri drew the Cookie Monster ... my dad cut it out of wood and made a stand for it ... Dwight and I painted it ... and I made some bean bag "cookies" to feed Cookie Monster ... the kids had a blast with it!!

~ The Party Table ~

~ Cutting the Cake ~


~ Ahhhh another ELMO ~

No comments: