November 18, 2009

Challenged …

I’ve been through some challenges in my life but I must say … I’m living in the middle of the biggest PHYSICAL Challenge I have ever had to concur. It’s been 7 weeks since I ruptured my Achilles Tendon. The past 6 weeks that I spent in a hard cast was emotionally and physically draining. The simple things in life that we take for granted really become apparent when you are forced to do EVERYTHING on one leg. Thank goodness for my knee cart and a few amazing people that have generously helped me over the past weeks.

My sister Sheri has been my personal shopping buddy and because of her we have had food in our house. Dwight can shop but has no idea how to stick to a budget and I refused to live off of eating Wendy’s. I’ve had to call on my dad several times. Praise God he is always so close to the house and has a pretty open schedule. My mother in law Sharon has helped out with laundry, watching the kids and various other jobs without her caring heart I’d be lost. Plus Alisha, Diana and Jan … Thanks for the help … the small things helped enormously.

And ahhhhh yes!! Dwight and the kids have been troopers during this ordeal. Especially Makenna who spends most of the day helping mommy. My family has concurred this with me and so far we have all survived. It hasn’t been easy but by the grace of God I have had the strength to get through each day. I’ve cried out many of times in prayer for the strength to make it through the day when my energy was gone and I no longer had the stamina to do anything!! I’ve learned that everything you do takes twice as long on 1 leg. Our house has been messy … the laundry has piled up … our meals have been simple but I made it through what I am hoping has been the worst part of this slow healing process.

No comments: