August 13, 2008

BiG & BRAVE

Justin and Makenna had their well checks today at the doctor. Justin had his 5 year check up and Makenna had her 18 month check up… Ok so I am just a few months behind. I actually have been procrastinating because I knew they would both be getting shots and I could only imagine how horrible it would be. ---- I can remember hiding under the table at the doctor’s office trying to avoid getting shots. We called the nurse “the mean shot lady” and I certainly didn’t want my kids to have an experience anything like this.

As I drove them to the doctors this morning I had a stomach ache worrying about what I was about to put my kids through. Obviously I didn’t share the great news with Justin that this doctor visit actually would include 4 SHOTS and a prick to the finger. I figured since Dr. Simmons does this daily he would have the right words to break the news to him.

Well I worked myself up for NOTHING!!!

Justin was up 1st … he had 4 SHOTS a prick to the finger and NEVER CRIED a tear. Makenna eagerly climbed up on the table laid down and was ready for her 2 SHOTS… NO TEARS either.

I was completely SHOCKED!!

Well not only are my kids BRAVE they are BIG as well.

Justin is off the charts with both HEIGHT and WEIGHT!
60 lbs
49” Tall

He is the average height of a 8 year old and the average weight of a 7 year old!!

Makenna is average height and WELL Nourished
28 lbs … 85%
32” Tall …. 50%
19” Head … 80%

No comments: