July 26, 2008

A letter to Mom ...

Mom,
Wow so much has happened since you went to live with the Lord. I’m certain you keep up with us from heaven but I also know how social you are so I’m confident you’re keeping a busy schedule. Knowing you mom, your never to busy to watch over us kids. There is not a day that goes by that I don’t think of you. I miss you so much. I truly never imagined it would be this difficult living without you. Your amazing love, guidance and encouragement you gave me each day always helped me through the hard times. What I didn’t realize is the hardest time of my life would come when I didn’t have you here. I guess that is God’s way of building individual strength.
Mom I can’t believe how helpful you were with Justin. I never realized how much you did for me and I thank you so much. Your influence on Justin will last with him for years and years … hopefully forever. He asks and talks about his special “Grandma H.” often. Can you believe he is starting Kindergarten next month?
Makenna keeps me on my toes. I know you are smiling most of the day watching her run me ragged. She is definitely my payback child. She is forever challenging me and she isn’t even 2. What am I going to do for the next 16 years?
Hopefully you saw us at the cemetery today. Justin really enjoys visiting the cemetery. He picked out the yellow flowers and balloons all by himself. Justin wanted to release two of the balloons so they would get to you sooner. He hopes the angels hurry to get the flowers and big heart balloon we left for you. He’s scared they won’t get them delivered to you before it rains.
Justin asked today “why God won’t let you out of heaven to just visit us for a week?” I told him that’s because mommy wouldn’t ever let you go back and that would make God sad. Probably not the best answer but I struggle explaining death to him when it’s hard enough for me to understand it myself.
Don’t think for a minute that I will ever stop missing you. I don’t even need you to visit for a week I would take just a day…only if it worked that way.
Hugs, kisses and lots and lots of love,
Bonnie

PS: Your headstone is on its way. We decide to have it made out of blue granite and they had to import the granite from some foreign country. The granite is finally here we are just decided on the perfect wording. We want it to be extra special!







No comments: