August 15, 2012

Mommy Vacation ...

For the past 3 years I have been on the steering committee for my MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group! Even though I am officially no longer a Mother of a Preschooler … L can you believe my baby will be starting school this year … I will continue with our group since we added MOMSnext to our chapter!  One of the special treats for our hard work and dedication to our MOPS group is each year we get a chance to go to the International MOPS Convention.  This year it was in Dallas Texas at the Gaylord Texan Resort!


Our steering team is small this year – Only 4 of us are committed to steering as of now so our ENTIRE STEERING team went!  Ashley, Emily, Aliy and I spent 4 fabulous kid-less days in Dallas.  

Our Steering Team ... Ashley, Aliy, Emily and me!

Our view from our room ... we didn't spend a lot of time sitting on the balcony cause it was crazy HOT outside but the view was fabulous!!

Hookem' Horns ... Aliy and I have fun shopping!

Our 3 days at convention consisted of 4 general sessions, several workshops, morning praise and worship, my favorite part Matthew West concert, shopping, eating, lounging around, and a high school flash back MOM Prom.  We did venture out of the resort for some shopping at a near by mall but other than that we took advantage of being pampered at the resort. 

Inside the Resort

Ready for MOM Prom ... minus our Prom dresses.

No comments: