December 31, 2009

Looking Back ...

Things I hoped to accomplish in 2009!!

CHECK-Spend more time with Justin and Makenna ... Pretty sure no parent ever feels like they spend enough time with their kids. They just grow up so fast … I am sure this will be something on my “to do list” for the next 15 years.

CHECK--Curtains and New Livingroom Furniture … Uh a check with a double minus because the curtains are all done except the big picture window in the front room. I know we so desperately need a curtain for it … yet it will require either me getting a job or finding a sprouting money tree to get the curtains I want for that window. As for the furniture … hopefully soon!!

FAILEDScrapbook, scrapbook and more scrapbooking … some how this past year my craft room turned into my crap room. Failed this miserably … didn’t even complete 1 page. UGH :(

FAILEDParticipate in Relay for Life … hopeful for 2010.

CHECKJoin MOPS … I joined MOPS at First Presbyterian Church 4 months ago. I cherish the bi-monthly morning break.

CHECKFamily Vacation … No where super exciting but according to Justin was his favorite vacation ever. We spent last spring break in Iowa with my sister Lori and her family. About a month ago Dwight and Justin were talking about the vacations we had been on since he was born.

Justin - “My favorite vacation was our trip to Iowa”
Dwight - “Iowa is better than the beach or Disney World”
Justin - “Uh yeah, I love my cousins”

CHECK …. More Date Nights … Now that the kids are getting a little older it is easier to find family babysitters who enjoy watching them. Allows for more date nights when you aren’t having to spend the extra $$ on babysitters.

CHECKStay Connected with Friends ... Had my 20th High School this reunion this year and had the chance to catch up with old friends. Between my reunion and facebook I have reconnected with several old friends.

CHECK - …. Lose 10 more pounds … Lost 12 before my reunion in June and then I ruptured my Achilles and it was down hill from there. I gained back 5 so for the year it is 7 lost.

CHECK …. Keep Blogging … Dwight will be the first to tell you that I’ll up date my blog before I’ll clean the house.

8 out of 10 ………. not too bad!!

No comments: