December 13, 2009

All I want for Christmas ...

Today Grandpa Stan, Bobbye and I took the kids to see Santa. For 2 days he is visiting with children at Bath Nursery (a local nursery/greenhouse) and he even brought 2 of his reindeers!! Wow was Justin and Makenna surprised to see the reindeer out front!!



Since we had to wait in line for about 20 minutes we had some time to talk to Makenna about actually getting near Santa this year. Last year she was horrified of him!!


Makenna was super excited until she got up close to Santa. She almost melted but decided it was ok to sit next to Santa for a few pictures then she was done. She wasn’t having much of the man in the red suit and refused to say a word.


Justin had a nice visit with Santa and gave him a long list of stuff I had NO idea he wanted. That’s what happens when Santa shops early ... Guess Justin really is going to be surprised on Christmas morning this year!!



Makenna wants an Elmo hat for Christmas! She has been talking about this hat for over a month now … the 2 of us were shopping at Walmart weeks ago and saw an Elmo Stocking Hat … Makenna really wanted it but I resisted and didn’t buy it - I told her to we would put it on her Christmas list … now that is the ONLY thing she has asked for.

Just in case you were wondering if Santa is haunting every Walmart in Colorado to find the hat … I was smart enough to get my order in to Santa once she continued to talk about it … good thing cause I haven’t seen it since!

After we got home from seeing Santa today I asked Makenna if she was excited for Santa to come to our house … her reply “mom you buy my hat at Walmart I don’t like Santa”. Ummmm I’m pretty sure this might qualify her for the naughty list??

No comments: