September 11, 2009

Panties and Proud ...

Finally Makenna is officially potty trained and proud to be wearing panties!! It wasn’t easy but then we have learned that nothing has been easy with Makenna. We have been working on potty training for a few months and magically last week it just clicked. She has been in panties NO DIAPERS (except a few naps and a few nights) for a week now and although it hasn’t been 100% accident free I am proud to say the potty is certainly winning!! Thank goodness she has adapted a love for her girly panties because when we first started this adventure she was determined to wear Justin’s boxer briefs.


Makenna has proven to be my challenging, stubborn uncooperative payback child at times but as a mother she makes me realize that each challenge comes with a reward. My days are full of smiles, laughter and unforgettable memories. I am so lucky to have a little girl that … is a great mommies helper, makes me the best play food meals, lets me share her fort even if I am too big, loves to picnic on the lawn and makes me realize that the greatest gift I have ever received is the chance to be a mother. Oh our babies grow up WAY TOO FAST but this is one milestones mothers looks forward to.

No comments: