September 14, 2009

MOPS ...

Ever since Justin was born I’ve wanted to join MOPS. (Mothers of Preschoolers … MOPS is a morning of fellowship, guidance, support, and affirmation for Christian mothers of infant through kindergarten age children) Sadly when Justin was little my work schedule conflicted with meeting times so it never worked out for me to join. As for the last 2 ½ years I really don’t have a good excuse for not joining. This fall I decided to make it a priority and after attending my 1st meeting today I couldn’t be happier. I truly believe this will be an adventure that will change my life. Not only with the opportunity to meet and connect with other mom’s but a growth in my relationship with the Lord.

My mom being the strong Christian Women/Mother and so passionately guiding us girls toward having a positive relationship with other Christians is smiling in heaven right now. She talked about MOPS and the sisterhood that comes when Christian women unite I’m just sad that she will have to watch my journey from up above but couldn’t be happier that I am blessed with the opportunity to experience the journey that lies ahead of me.

1 comment:

Jami said...

Glad to hear that you love MOPS. I've been going since Casey was 3 months old and still pluggin away. :) Where are you going? I hope to catch up w/ you guys soon.
jami