June 5, 2009

Play Ball ...

Justin had his very 1st baseball game last night. I must say I was pretty impressed for a 1st time ball player. It was only 3 weeks ago when we went to buy him a mitt. Justin would not be happy if he knew I was sharing this story but I thought it was cute.
I took Justin to the sports store to pick out a baseball glove. We walked into the baseball section and Justin looks at me and says ….

Justin - “Why do I have to be the catcher”?
Me – “What makes you think you have to be the catcher”?
Justin – “Cause you’re making me get one of these” … holding up a mitt
Me – “Everyone on the field uses a mitt how are you going to catch the ball without a mitt”?
Justin - “I’m just going to hit the ball not catch it
At that point I wasn’t too sure what we had gotten ourselves into

Since Dwight and I are not huge baseball fans Justin has never really had the exposure to the game. It didn’t take much to get Justin excited about playing baseball. As soon as we picked up the mandatory $50 uniform and attended his 1st practice … Justin was hooked. We have since added to our baseball equipment … new bat, new batting T and a bucket full of balls. Watching him play his first game made me wonder what the future will bring. If his enthusiasm and dedication to practicing continues we might be spending a lot more summer nights at the ball park. If they are anything like his 1st game you won’t hear me complaining.

~ Practicing Batting Before the Game ~


~ Team King Cobras ~

No comments: