December 4, 2008

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas …

Finally all the Christmas decorations are up!! With the snow on the ground it truly is beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Hard to believe there is only 26 days left of 2008. Justin was my Christmas helper ELF with the holiday decorations this year.

From a 5 year olds point of view … Dwight was being slow at getting the Christmas tree down from the rafters in the garage so Justin and I decided we would do it ourselves. Well it just so happens that an extremely pricey tractor that Dwight restored for a guy is sitting in our garage waiting to be picked up. I climb up the ladder and decide that it might not be wise for me to get the tree down. I tell Justin that we are going to have to wait for daddy cause I’m scared I’ll fall off the ladder … Justin’s reply “mom that’s ok if you fall of the ladder you can go to the doctor dad will be mad if you scratch the tractor”. We decided to wait for Dwight to get the big boxes down.

We had to decorate a little at a time this year … our shortest elf Makenna thought it was fun to take every ornament Justin would put on the tree and move it. That didn’t go over well so we decided decorating while Makenna napped would give her a surprise to wake up to. So far the decorations have remained unharmed … hopefully it stays that way! The real test will be the wrapped packages under the tree. Ohhhhhhh did I mention I love the “terrible two’s"!

~ Makenna decorating the tree ... actually undecorating the tree ~
~ Justin my best Christmas Helper Elf ~


~ Our two cuties with their Matching Pajama's ~

No comments: