September 4, 2008

Worth The Wait...

Justin assured me that it was well worth the wait when we arrived at the cemetery and he rushed out of the car, running over to what use to be a blank piece of concrete, gently he ran his fingers across the front of mom’s headstone and said, “oh mom it is so beautiful”. We looked it all over and I read the words for the kids. The words on the back are from a song that was sung at mom’s service.


~ The stone is Blue Granite and even more Beautiful up close ~



If you could see me now

My prayers have all been answered

I've finally arrived
The healing that has been delayed
Has now been realized
No one's in a hurry
There’s no schedule to keep
We’re all enjoying Jesus
Just sitting at His feet

Justin was super excited that it said “Grandma” on it and that there is a vase for flowers. I promised Justin we would get some flowers for the vase… Justin quietly sat next to mom’s headstone and softly said “Grandma I miss you, but I’ll be back tomorrow to bring you flowers”… he stood up kissed the top of her headstone and said “see you tomorrow Grandma, I love you” and started towards the car. With tears in my eyes I grabbed Makenna’s hand and headed towards the car… Justin stops - bends down – picks a dandelion - runs backs and puts it in the vase. Tomorrow we will return with some flowers and I hopefully get some better photos.

No comments: