May 25, 2011

Full Contact ...

It is official … Justin is playing Pop Warner Football.  Games don’t start until September but conditioning with Colorado Football Academy has begun.  Um …… yeah you read that correct … Conditioning for my 8 YEAR OLD son has BEGUN.  2 days a week for the month of May and then 3 days a week for the month of June.


Justin all suited up in his practice uniform.  I guarantee it wasn’t a mom’s idea to have the practice uniform white … I can’t imagine they will stay white for very long!
 


On The Field


Justin might be getting bigger and adventuring into new things but it is going to take some getting use to the fact that my 8 year old son is “PLAYING FULL CONTACT FOOTBALL”.  I am totally torn between embracing the idea and being completely immobilized when I hear the crashing of pads and look up and see Justin lying on the ground buried under a pile of boys.


It’s a good thing that Justin LOVES it and leaves each practice with a huge smile on his face.  It’s that smile that makes me sweat out the lump in my stomach when I think about my baby boy playing his first year of Full Contact Football.    

No comments: