February 1, 2009

Wishes 2 Heaven …

~ October 2nd, 1999 ~

Today would have been mom’s 67th birthday. Oh how I wish she was here to celebrate it with us. Instead she will be sharing her birthday with angels and we will be sending our birthday wishes to heaven.

I’m not sure a day has gone by that I haven’t thought of mom. Holidays, special events and certain places can really make my heart ache. Today my heart has felt heavy … heavy from my constant aching to give my mom birthday hugs and from a take me back moment I had with Justin yesterday.

Yesterday afternoon I sat down at the computer to look over pictures for today’s post … Justin came and sat down next to me. I didn’t think much of it and continued to look over photos. After a few minutes Justin tapped me on the shoulder … I looked over at him and he had tears streaming down his face.

Me – “Honey what’s wrong”?
He reached his arms out to me and gave me a great big hug.
Justin – “I just miss Grandma H so much”.

My heartache began as we both cried.
No mother ever wants to see her son cry ... it sure does make it a moment to remember when you have to look at your son and say …

Me – “You miss Grandma H. a lot don’t you”?
Justin – “Yeah
Me – “I know for certain Grandma misses you just as much


~ The last birthday we were blessed to share with mom ... her 64th birthday in 2006 ... 5 weeks after starting Chemo ... this was the 1st time mom wore her wig out in public ... as a family we took mom to The Olive Garden (one of her favorite restaurants) to celebrate her birthday ~
~ I absolutely love this picture… everyone is posing for the photo … oh wait mom and I are laughing! ~

~ Mom with her precious babies ... Justin and Taylor (my niece) ... Easter 04' ~


My mom died fearless. Mom’s faith was stronger than her cancer. Mom never feared death. Missing out on watching her Grandkids grow is what she feared. She told me about a week before she died… “I hope they don’t forget me

Justin was only 3 ½ when mom died. 3 short years of being loved, spoiled and impacted with memories from a beautiful caring Grandma. … lucky for mom … Grandma’s as great as she was … are just not forgettable.

Happy Birthday Mom … I love you … I miss you … XOXOXO

1 comment:

Habby said...

So sorry to read about your loss but what great memories you have! You made me teary! You should always celebrate her birthday!